Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Lord Laughs


The wicked plot against the righteous and gnash their teeth at them;
but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming.
Psalm 37:12-13 NIV

 
Have you ever thought of the Lord as laughing?  I love the artist's renditions of Jesus laughing. Why is He laughing? Laughing at what? Psalm 37 reveals one reason why our Lord is laughing.  He just laughs at the wicked person's schemes. He sees their future and it’s not going to end well for them.  Proverbs 1:26 tells us that the Lord will laugh at the calamity of people who refuse to listen to His words.

I’ve come to know and believe that “Jesus has my back.”  Those of you who know and hear me talk or preach has heard me say that phrase several times.  All evil intent, fiery darts, slander or word curses that come my way from the enemy won’t affect the favor I have in the Lord.  Jesus will laugh at those who plot wickedness against me (the righteous). Rest assuredly; He will laugh at your mockers, too.  You can count on it! Because you ARE righteous. The Word tells you that.  Believe it.  Confess it.


Thank you, Jesus, that You call me righteous.
You have “this”.  You have my back!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment