Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Survivor


The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). John 10:10




As I was sitting at the most famous crowded beech in the world: Waikiki, in Hawaii, I watched a lady emerge into the ocean waves.  I was intrigued because she was bald, obviously a cancer survivor.  She had no hat or wig to hide under.  Nothing hindered her to live her life and have fun with her granddaughter.  There was no shame.  Her presence screamed, “I am a survivor!”

That scene made me think how many times I want to hide after I’ve gone through a battle – maybe mine wasn’t physical, as the bald lady, but more emotional and spiritual.  The Lord didn’t create us to just exist, but to live life abundantly.  Enjoy life and enjoy worshiping the Creator of the Universe.


This is the day the Lord has made.  I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!!!
No matter what happens today, Jesus, I know you are with me and I will enjoy this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment