Friday, February 17, 2012

Miraculous Healing

Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved,
   for you are the one I praise.  Jeremiah 17:14 NIV

        Thursday morning started the same as the other 150 days of school.  My third graders arrived in my classroom and were engaged in their morning procedures.  What was unusual was my cell phone rang.  “Hello, Mrs. Blocker, this is the nurse from Houston High School, I have Valerie in my office.”  Nurse Nancy informed me that my 17 year old daughter, Valerie, had severe stomach pain and she was getting worse by the minute.  After I got off the phone I called a friend close to the High School to pick Valerie up and bring her into the hospital.  While our friend was on his way, Valerie’s condition worsened and we decided to call 911 and have her transported by Ambulance.  Nurse Nancy thought the pain was either appendicitis or an ovarian cyst.
        Nurse Nancy was correct in her diagnosis.  After several tests a doctor determined Valerie had a cyst on her left ovary that had probably ruptured.  The cyst was just under 4 cm and there was a possibility that her body could absorb it and life would resume pain free.  I believe God made our incredible body to heal itself, so this is how I prayed.
        However, two months later Valerie had another painful episode.  The ultrasound showed the cyst had almost doubled.  She was in great pain.  The doctor called me at 8:30 p.m. (not always a good sign when a Doctor calls late).  She informed me that the cyst had infected her left ovary and Valerie would need surgery to remove her ovary.  The Doctor referred us off to a specialized surgeon.
        I immediately sent out a group email asking people to stand with me in prayer. It is a comfort to know there is such a caring group of friends.  Many pastors put Valerie on their church prayer lists. 
        Valerie went in for her pre-op ultrasound at the hospital.  She was admitted in case there was a need for emergency surgery after the results of the ultrasound. A procedure that normally took about 10 minutes dragged out to about 3 hours and 3 ultrasounds later.  The technician had a difficult time finding her ovaries.  This had me a little perplexed, but I trusted that God knew this and it was in his plan.
        Valerie and I saw the surgeon the next morning.  The doctor explained that the cyst should have shown up, especially as big as it was.  There was nothing there!  No cyst!  It had vanished!  God had healed my daughter’s body and she did not have to go through surgery.  Praise the Lord!   Prayers had moved the hand of God in the miraculous healing of my 17 year old daughter. She is healed to this day, 4 years later.

I am so grateful for your miraculous healing power, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment