Thursday, December 8, 2011

Alaska Mountains

I look up to the mountains—does my help come from there?
My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!
Psalm 121:1-2

Ahhh, the breathtaking mountains in Alaska!  Crisp, majestic, even purple at times.  Cerulean glaciers between the peaks flow down to the valley.




A friend and I were sitting in the second story office chatting about the hardships the Lord has allowed in each of our lives. Her mother had severe health issues spending much of the time in the hospital.  My friend spent time by her mother's side and caring for her father during this time of crisis.

My friend, full of God's wisdom, drew my attention to the picturesque mountains out the large picture window.  She told me whenever she feels overwhelmed by circumstances she will gaze upon the beautiful mountains all around us and know help is on the way! 

Lord, thank You for always being there to help me in my time of
desperate need.  Every time I look to the mountains I will know
You are already on Your way to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment