Thursday, December 29, 2011

Dance!

The LORD your God is in your midst,
    a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
   he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing. Zephaniah 3:17 ESV


Your heart is heavy.  I know.  Really, I know.  I spent hours in the Target parking lot sobbing because I couldn't drive any farther. I wondered if the pain would ever end…the immense sadness.  Then Jesus would show up and somehow lift me up out of the pit of despair. It wasn't necessarily instantly, but He was always faithful to comfort me.

God has the power to not only pick you up and comfort you in your distress but to take you in His arms and dance with you.  Sometimes the dance is slow and quiet.  Other times it is joyful and loud. He is ecstatic and spins over you with joy. Know that the Lord is so pleased with you that He will always dance with His beloved!  He is the pursuer of your heart, and every romantic desire you possess is the reflection of His great passion for you.

Dance by Kim Walker is a Zephaniah 3:17 song.  The Year 2012 is prophesied as “The Year of Fulfillment.”  Start the New Year by dwelling on the words in her song and fulfill your destiny in igniting a passion for Jesus:



Enlarge my passion for You, dear God.
I want to dance Your dance freely and uninhibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment