Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Personalize the Scriptures

Psalm 112 (author's paraphrase)
 1 Praise the LORD.
   Blessed am I who fear the LORD,
   who find great delight in his commands.
 2 My children will be mighty in the land;
   the generation of the upright (me) will be blessed.
3 Wealth and riches are in my house,
   and my righteousness endures forever.
4 Even in darkness light dawns for me (the upright),
   for me, who is gracious and compassionate and righteous.
5 Good will come to me who is generous and lend freely,
   and I conduct my affairs with justice.
 6 Surely I (the righteous) will never be shaken;
   I will be remembered forever.
7 I will have no fear of bad news;
   My hearts is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
8 My hearts is secure, I will have no fear;
   in the end I will look in triumph on my foes.
9 I have freely scattered my gifts to the poor,
   my righteousness endures forever;
   My horn (authority) will be lifted high in honor.
 10 The wicked will see and be vexed,
   they will gnash their teeth and waste away;
   the longings of the wicked will come to nothing.

When you speak forth the Word of God, you speak authority and power into every situation you are encountering.  Try personalizing other scriptures. Some of my favorites are 1 Thessalonians 5:23, Philippians 1:9-11, Numbers 6:24-26, Ephesians 3:16-19 and Psalm 1 (I especially like this one for my children). Watch God move on your behalf!

Thank You, Lord, that You move in my situations for my benefit and Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment