Sunday, January 29, 2012

Write On!

And then God answered: "Write this.
Write what you see.
Write it out in big block letters
so that it can be read on the run.
This vision-message is a witness
pointing to what's coming.
It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait!
And it doesn't lie.
If it seems slow in coming, wait.
It's on its way. It will come right on time.
Habakkuk 2:2-3 MSG

Have you ever written a petition?  Petitions are longer written prayers that ask for a very important specific request in a particularly urgent time frame.  I have written 5 petitions so far.  The Lord has answered two of my petitions right on time.  The other three have future dates but I have no doubt the Lord will answer these, too. The dates are determined either by the Lord himself (I just ask him for his time frame) or by specific dates set by outside influences (such as a surgery date, court date, foreclosure date or the like).

The introduction to my petition is based on Nehemiah’s prayer to God in his first chapter then adding the new covenant of Jesus.  All my petitions have started with this introduction.  Then I write the actual petition like a legal document.  State your request, then why you need this request answered and remind the Lord what is in His Word regarding this request (not that God needs to be reminded, but it is for our benefit as we read through it). Finally, restate your request in a sentence or two.  Date it and sign it.  I share my petition with a few faithful friends who will agree with me and add their names to my petition.

Here is my introduction to each petition (based on Nehemiah 1:5-11):

O Lord, God of Heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant of love with those who love Him and obey His commands:  Let Your ear be attentive and Your eyes open to hear the prayer Your servant is praying before You day and night.

I confess the sins of myself, and my family that we have committed against You.  I plead Your sacrificial blood over our sins.  We have not obeyed the commands that are in Your Word.  I thank You that as we confess our sins You forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I stand with and for my family that we confess Jesus as our Christ, Messiah, Lord and Savior and we believe in our heart that You raised him from the dead.  Therefore You have adopted us into Your family.  We are sons and daughters of You and are in right standing with You.  We have chosen your Great Name to call our own.

You said that if we ask anything in Your Great Name, my King of Kings, You will grant it.  As a matter of fact You’ve already sent it because You want to bestow wonderful benefits and gifts upon those You love and those You call Your own.

O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of Your servant, your daughter (son) and to my family who delight in revering Your Name.

Give me success today by granting me favor in Your sight and swiftly answering my petition today.

Kingdom Rebels will take back what the enemy has stolen.  We will not sit back and hope or wish that God will answer our prayer.  We will be active, effective and take charge through our petitions to see God move on our behalf. 

Give me courage to activate my faith to what You want to do in my life, Jesus. I will take back what the enemy has stolen from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment