Friday, January 20, 2012

I am so Weak

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9


A dear friend shared this poem with me.  I want to share it with you.

I am so weak, dear Lord, I cannot stand
One moment without Thee:
But, oh, the tenderness of Thy enfolding,
And, oh, the faithfulness of Thy upholding, 
And, oh, the strength of Thy right hand —
That Strength is enough for me.

I am so needy, Lord, and yet I know
All fullness dwells in Thee;
And hour by hour, that never-failing treasure
Supplies and fills in overflowing measure
My last and greatest need, and so
Thy Grace is enough for me.

There were strange soul-depths, restless, vast, and broad,
Unfathomed as the sea –
And infinite craving for some infinite stilling;
But now Thy perfect love is perfect filling;
Lord Jesus Christ, my Lord, my God,
Thou, Thou art enough for me.

George MacDonald 1824-1905

Help me to remember that Your grace is enough and that You work through my weaknesses for Your glory, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment