Saturday, January 14, 2012

Aching Groans

And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
Romans 8:26-28 NLT

If anything lies at the center of God's heart, its His loving redemptive nature.  He is a restorer, a rebuilder, and a renewer of broken dreams and broken lives.

Romans 8 has been such a comfort to me during an emotionally wrenching time in my life. When I could not pray or barely breathe, due to the brokenness of my heart, God heard me. The Spirit took my groanings and wordless sighs and turned them into an incense of prayers before the throne of God. And then turns them all into something good!

It's this certainty of God's nature that equips you with confidence that God is taking every circumstance you encounter – the good, the bad and the ugly – and transforms it into an unstoppable force for good in your life.

WOW!  Is that incredible or what?  God's Spirit really does know you better than you know yourself.  He knows that you are expectant with destiny.  And so, He keeps you centered in the goodness of God.

Jesus, I know that not all my circumstances are good.
But I also know that You can and will, release good things
 in my life through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment